- Where to Buy Adrafinil Online?
- Adrafinil on Amazon
- Adrafinil at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens
- Quick Facts About Adrafinil
- Adrafinil Dosage Instructions and Tips
Adrafinil is one of several nootropic drugs that have not yet been regulated by the FDA. Although it is said to be about three times less effective than the FDA-approved, prescription-only modafinil, adrafinil (a modafinil precursor) can be a better choice for a mild cognitive enhancer as it is legal to buy over the counter.
This drug was developed in France as a wakefulness-promoting agent and it was sold under the brand name Olmifon, until it was discontinued in September 2011 in favor of its more powerful, prescription cousin: modafinil.
Although the original Olmifon brand is no longer available in stores, you can still get generic adrafinil from many nootropics vendors.
Where to Buy Adrafinil Online?
The following are a couple trustworthy online stores where you can order pure adrafinil capsules or powder.
This US-based vendor sells high quality nootropics and medicinal mushrooms. Their products are tested for purity in US labs and you can view the certificates on their website.
Pure Nootropics have very helpful and committed customer service. Their products come in different quantities and forms including pure powder, vegetarian capsules, and gelatin softgels.
Products They Sell: Adrafinil, noopept, aniracetam, phenylpiracetam, choline, and many other natural supplements and chemical cognitive enhancers.
Payment Options: Credit card and Bitcoin
Money-Back Guarantee: 30 days
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA
Nootropics Depot is run by some nootropics devotees from the Reddit community. They do their lab testing in-house and they have distinguished quality and customer service.
You can find numerous nootropics and cognitive supplements on their online shop in powder form as well as vegetarian capsules and gelatin softgels.
Products They Sell: Adrafinil, phenylpiracetam, phenibut HCl, tianeptine sulfate, piracetam, noopept, choline l-bitartrate, sulbutiamine, and others.
Payment Options: Credit card and Bitcoin
Money-Back Guarantee: No returns accepted, except at their discretion.
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Double Wood Supplements
Double Wood Supplements have been selling decent brain enhancement supplements for years. They focus on natural brain health supplements, but also have products in other categories. This vendor only sells supplements in gelatin capsules.
Products They Sell: Adrafinil, alpha GPC, berberine, CDP choline, centrophenoxine, magnesium threonate, sulbutiamine, and others.
Adrafinil Price: 30 capsules (300mg) = $29.95
Shipping Options: Only ships to the USA (free standard or USPS priority)
Payment Options: Credit card
Money-Back Guarantee: 30 days
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Adrafinil on Amazon
There used to be several adrafinil products on Amazon (including the one from Double Wood Supplements), but Amazon (USA) has lately wipe out all adrafinil supplements from their store. The same also applied to other nootropic drugs, particularly the racetam analogues.
Although you can buy almost any dietary supplement on Amazon, adrafinil isn’t one of them, because it is an unapproved drug and not a dietary supplement as defined by the FDA.
Adrafinil at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens
Nope, you won’t find adrafinil on the shelves or online stores of CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and most other local retailers. Again the reason is that adrafinil is not a dietary supplement neither an approved drug.
Most consumers buy adrafinil from online suppliers since it is extremely unlikely to be found in local stores whether in the USA or elsewhere.
Quick Facts About Adrafinil
- Adrafinil was originally developed to improve wakefulness, vigilance, attention, and mood for people with sleeping problems.
- Many healthy men and women use it off-label to boost their mental energy, focus and motivation.
- Adrafinil is a mild stimulant that doesn’t cause hyperactivity.
- Not everyone responds to adrafinil and other -afinil analogues, such as modafinil and armodafinil. There is a chance that you may not notice any significant results from this nootropic.
- Adrafinil is an unscheduled and unregulated drug, so it can be legally purchased over the counter from local and online suppliers.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency has added this drug to their list of banned stimulants in athletic competition.
- It is partially soluble in water and other liquids.
Adrafinil Dosage Instructions and Tips
Since adrafinil is not an approved drug, there is little information about its optimal effective dosage. Most dosage recommendations are based on anecdotal evidence and personal experiences. The following are some general guidelines and tips on dosing adrafinil.
- It is believed that adrafinil is about 3 times less powerful than its prescription analogue: modafinil, which is taken in doses from 100mg up to 400mg per day.
- The standard dosage of adrafinil is 300mg taken once or up to three times a day. It is not recommended to take more than 1,200mg of adrafinil per day.
- Some users are more sensitive to adrafinil than others, and the effective dosage varies for each individual. You may notice improvement with just 150mg/day. People who take other nootropics as well may require a lower dose than those who use adrafinil alone.
- Adrafinil is best taken in the morning on an empty stomach with a glass of water or juice. The powder tastes a little bitter but acceptable. You can take it with citrus juice to mask the bitterness, or use capsules.
- The half life of adrafinil in the human body is about 1 hour. After it reaches the liver it gets converted to its active form: modafinil which has a half life of up to 15 hours. In other words, adrafinil starts working after about 1-2 hours of dosing and the effects can last up to 15-17 hours. This varies for each individual.
- It is possible that your body builds up tolerance (reduced effectiveness with time) for adrafinil. To avoid this from happening it is recommended not to take it everyday. Try every other day, or 3 times a week. You should also take a week off every 4 or 5 weeks of usage. This is called cycling and it helps your body remain responsive to the drug.
- There aren’t any significant side effects of adrafinil when taken moderately. The most common side effects are increased activity, insomnia and/or nausea.
- Taking adrafinil with caffeine or other stimulants make cause anxiety and nervousness. You should avoid mixing it with stimulants to avoid jitters and escalating side effects.
- Since adrafinil is metabolized in the liver, avoid taking it with alcohol or other drugs that are metabolized in the liver as it may overtax your organ.
- Avoid taking adrafinil in the evening as it may prevent you from sleeping, unless of course you’d like to stay up all night! Some users don’t experience insomnia even if they take it late, so stick with whatever works for you.