Phenibut is a synthetic analogue of the inhibitory neurotransmitter Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), and it primarily acts as an agonist of GABA(B) receptors. Its main effect is to slow down neural activity in the brain, and many people use it to promote relaxation and aid in sleep.
[You can find more facts about phenibut and how it is used at the bottom of this page.]
Because of its legal status not being approved neither banned or scheduled, and also because of its addictive potential, phenibut is very hard to source locally. It is not available at most major retailers, like Amazon, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc. Luckily, there are still many legit online vendors that sell phenibut.
Where to Buy Quality Phenibut?
The following are nine of the best places where you can buy high quality phenibut as well as other nootropics.
HR Supplements (formerly known as Hard Rhino) focuses on sports nutritional supplements, and more recently, nootropics.
They are known for their bulk pricing options, and their phenibut is currently among the cheapest you can find online.
Quality is comparable to other top brands. Certificates of Analysis are available on their website and can also be requested using a QR code on each product’s label.
- 90 capsules (250mg) = $14.99
- 180 capsules (250mg) = $26.99
- 30 grams (powder) = $13.49
- 60 grams (powder) = $23.49
- 250 grams (powder) = $65.23
- 500 grams (powder) = $109.49
- USA only via standard mail (free on $40+ orders)
Payment Options: Credit card
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Go to HR Supplements
Nootropics Depot is the top recommended vendor by the avid nootropics community on Reddit. They carry many synthetic and natural nootropics in powder and capsule form.
Their service is outstanding and their support responds in a timely manner. ND have commendable quality control, and their products are tested in-house as well as in a third-party lab.
You will likely never have to look for another supplier as it’s hard to beat the quality, service and diversity of products offered by Nootropics Depot.
- 60 capsules (250mg) = $14.99
- 180 capsules (250mg) = $32.99
- 25 grams (powder) = $17.99
- 125 grams (powder) = $44.99
- 250 grams (powder) = $77.99
- USA: USPS (free on $50+ orders)
- International: USPS standard
Payment Options: Credit card and Bitcoin
Location: Tempe, AZ, USA
Go to Nootropics Depot
TF Supplements (SNS Phenibut XT)
TF Supplements is a local Texas-based retail store that offers a large selection of nutritional supplements from many established brands.
They sell pure phenibut that is manufactured by Serious Nutrition Solutions (SNS). The product is called SNS Phenibut XT; one of the best brands of phenibut that many users reported having a positive experience with.
- 90 capsules (500mg) = $34.95
- 100 grams (powder) = $29.95
- USA: Standard and express
- International: First class and express
Payment Options: Credit card and PayPal
Location: Seguin, TX, USA
Go to TF Supplements
Raw Powders offer many nutritional supplements for mental and physical enhancement. Although they do not sell racetams and other nootropic drugs, they do sell both phenibut HCl and FAA powder.
This supplier ships from the EU, so if you live in the UK or Europe you can get faster shipment from them at a lower risk.
- 90 capsules (500mg) = $41.29
- 25 grams (FAA powder) = $30.11
- 50 grams (FAA powder) = $52.46
- 100 grams (HCl powder) = $59.17
- Worldwide (Standard and Express options)
Payment Options: Credit card, bank transfer & other options
Location: UK (ships from Lithuania)
Go to Raw Powders
This is one of the major European online stores for health products and supplements. They aren’t particularly known as a nootropics supplier, but they do sell phenibut and noopept.
Their prices are quite high though, so if you’re looking to save a few bucks, there are more affordable shops.
- 60 capsules (500mg) = $39.00
- Worldwide standard delivery
Payment Options: Credit card and PayPal (U.S. only)
Location: USA and Europe
Go to SuperSmart
Health Naturals is an online supplement store owned by Live Oak Nutrition; a local health store located in Brunswick County, NC.
The company sells different nutritional supplements under the Health Naturals brand including phenibut, racetams and others.
Most of their products are priced lower than competitors’, nevertheless they demonstrate high quality standards and are worth giving a try.
- 100 capsules (250mg) = $23.94
- 100 grams (powder) = $31.94
Payment Options: Credit card
Location: Southport, NC, USA
Go to Health Naturals
SportPoeders is a Netherlands-based vendor that sells various types of dietary supplements and nutraceuticals.
They don’t carry many synthetic nootropics, but they are one of the few good suppliers of phenibut in Europe.
Shipping can be costly, but if you are located in Europe, you can expect faster delivery.
- 50 grams (powder) = EUR 19.95
- 100 grams (powder) = EUR 30.95
- 250 grams (powder) = EUR 67.95
- 500 grams (powder) = EUR 120.95
- Worldwide standard and express options (DHL/UPS)
Payment Options: PayPal, bank transfer & other options
Go to SportPoeders
This is a Russian vendor that sells various nootropics manufactured by licensed pharmaceutical companies. They mostly sell brand products manufactured in Russia, Latvia and some other countries.
They carry brand-name phenibut (Noofen) and a couple of cheaper generic brands. They also carry other products that are hard to source from U.S. sellers.
Cosmic Nootropic is a legit vendor and they have positive reviews on Reddit.
- 20 tablets x 250mg (generic/Russia) = $9.00
- 20 tablets x 250mg (generic/Latvia) = $18.00
- 20 capsules x 250mg (brand/Latvia) = $35.00
- USA: Domestic shipping available
- International: Standard mail
Payment Options: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
Location: Moscow, Russia
Go to Cosmic Nootropic
This is a fairly new seller and they don’t seem to have much customer feedback so far, but they passed many of my checks and I think they are worth giving a try.
NeurOn Nootropics sell 3rd party tested phenibut HCl and noopept, in addition to a variety of CBD products.
- 180 capsules (250mg) = $24.99
- Free standard shipping (USA only)
Payment Options: Crypto payments only
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Go to NeurOn Nootropics
Essential Facts About Phenibut
- The scientific/chemical name for phenibut is 4-Amino-3-Phenylbutyric Acid (among other names).
- It was discovered in Russia (USSR) and tested for medical use in the 1960s.
- It is an approved medication in Russia, Latvia and Ukraine, sold under the brand name Noofen and others.
- It is not approved by the FDA, but it’s legal to purchase without a prescription in the U.S.
- It is not a dietary supplement according to FDA’s guidelines.
- It is commercially available in two forms: a hydrochloride salt (HCl) and a free amino acid (FAA).
- Phenibut HCl is the standard form which most consumers seem to have better results with.
- It is a synthetic derivative of the amino acid and inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA; phenibut is phenylated GABA.
- It is a GABA receptor agonist; it acts primarily on GABA(B) receptors and less so on GABA(A) receptors.
- It crosses the blood-brain barrier and mimics the inhibitory action of GABA in the brain.
- It causes an artificial rise in GABA levels in the brain, which with time prompts the body to produce less GABA of its own.
- The more frequently and the higher the dosage used, the more likely the body will become dependent on this substance instead of producing natural levels of GABA.
- It can cause addiction and withdrawal symptoms if used regularly, especially in doses higher than 1,000 mg per day.
- It can cause some side effects, including headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, sleepiness, and others. The higher the dose, the more likely and significant these side effects get.
Usage and Dosage
Since phenibut is not an approved drug in most countries, not much is known about its optimal dosage and long-term safety.
The following are some general tips for taking phenibut based on information provided by Russian clinical trials, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and anecdotal evidence.
- The recommended starting dosage is 250 mg.
- The standard dosage is 250-500 mg taken once or twice a day after meals.
- It is not recommended to take more than 1,000 mg a day to reduce the chance of experiencing side effects.
- It is not recommended to take phenibut for more than a month at a time.
- Taking it three times a week or less reduces the chance of developing tolerance and dependence.
- Avoid taking it with alcohol and other psychoactive medications.