Aniracetam is an ampakine drug that has been studied for the treatment of some mental disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD, depression and others.
It belongs to the racetam family of drugs and it is a well-known nootropic used to enhance mental function.
Aniracetam is an unscheduled drug. It is not approved by the FDA and so it is not treated as a medication. That means it is legal to buy it over the counter (without a prescription), but it cannot be sold as treatment for any health condition.
Where to Buy Online?
You can source aniracetam from most online stores that supply nootropics. Some users prefer to buy it as bulk powder to save some money, while others prefer the capsules to avoid the bitter taste of the powder.
These are three of the best online suppliers where you can order quality aniracetam powder/capsules:
#1. Peak Nootropics
Form: pure powder
- 50 grams = $22.99
- 100 grams = $42.99
Support: live chat, email
Located: Houston, Texas, USA
Official Website: Peak Nootropics
#2. Thought Foods
Form: capsule and powder
- $38.68 for 120 capsules (x500mg)
- $51.57 for 100 grams of powder
Support: live chat, email, phone
Located: San Diego, CA, USA
Official Website: Thought Foods
#3. Absorb Health
Form: capsules (750mg)
Price: 100 capsules = $27.99
Support: email, phone
Located: Supply, NC, USA
Official Website: Absorb Health
Quick Facts About Aniracetam
- Aniracetam improves mental clarity, focus and energy. It also reduces anxiety and depression.
- Many students use it to help them stay awake and alert while they study.
- Results vary and not everyone may have significant effects.
- Aniracetam is fat-soluble. It works better when taken with a meal, but also works well on an empty stomach.
- The recommended starting dose is 500mg.
- The ideal dosage is 750mg once or twice a day.
- Avoid taking it in the evening or before bedtime as it may cause insomnia.
Safety and Side Effects
There is limited research on the safety of aniracetam, but it seems to be well tolerated and rarely cause any side effects.
Some of the observed side effects include headache, nausea and insomnia.
There are no concerns about long term usage, but again it hasn’t been thoroughly studied to evaluate its negative health effects in the long run.